In His Defenestration

 There he goes swinging by us.

His daily walk looks intense.

And we crane our necks to get a better view

Of this obviously troubled soul,

One shirt sleeve up, one down

One foot booted, the other sneakered.

He gives us the punk salute:

This greying galoot.

 

There’s a scroll of words

On the back of his t-shirt.

My hubby got it on his phone one day.

We read it after he’d gone by:

‘All I think I am is a poet

This world hosts my piddlin’ self

Tolerating my diffidence

That heralds my difficulties;

Whose childhood failed

Having no idea of life

And since I am still alive

In my defenestration I thrive.’

 

And we took him in one day.

Taught him about decorum.

For one must walk with dignity;

And the neighbours will think

There goes a man with a purpose

Even if it’s to get the paper.

And then it clicked,

We like it personally delivered.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make it Right for Me

The Daredevils

The Chomp