It’s All Too Fanciful

I Say I Say I Say I haven’t had a half bad old day,

Tell us why; Tell us why!

Well I……

Resnatched my bag from some scummy snotty bag snatcher,

Put the power into no when no means no,

Deftly removed infected needles from a host of drug user’s arms,

Unravelled knots of words politicians like to articulate,

Said my prayers,

And kissed my sweetheart goodbye;

And……

Found a one way alley, the right way, and escaped a traffic jam,

Ate my lunch slowly and thanked the sandwich hand kindly,

Snuffed out all the nuclear weaponry between my thumb and forefinger,

Listened to the hurt felt by a neglected lonely child.

Isn’t that enough? Isn’t that enough? We ask of you great hero!

No, No, No! Patience my dears I haven’t finished yet;

You know those miracles that happen at the grotto,

Yes,

Well I had a hand in helping the maimed out a little,

I extended the expiry dates on jars in battler’s run down fridges,

And I airlifted wasted supermarket food to the starving ones,

I attacked AIDS, ridding the symptoms with what I just SAID.

And when that poor little road kill upped and hopped away

It was me! It was me!

Who’s had a pretty good kind of day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make it Right for Me

The Daredevils

The Chomp